Monday, April 26, 2010

Free Avatar!

I know that it has been quite a while since I have blogged. Sorry... sorry.....

And I will further apologize to the fact that this blog is not about the babies :( Sorry mom!....

Tonight I went to CVS and had quite the deal! I was super excited about it. I spent more then normal out of pocket, but was able to walk away with the movie Avatar free for Mike! I personally am not excited about the movie itself, but I knew Mike would be so thrilled because he loves that movie! So, us couponers have to splurge every now and then to express our love to our husbands through couponing! :)

Here is the pic:



The worth of all this (according to my savings receipt is $109.07. All of that cost me $11.65 (plus tax) out of pocket. Now, that is more then I would EVER think of spending at CVS but this is why I did:

TRANSACTION #1:

4 All Detergents: $3.50
I had $1 off coupon for each one making them $2.50

12 pack Coke: $3.66

Oreo Cookies: $1.00

Cottenelle 12 Roll Toilet Paper: $6.99

This was suppose to be Quilted Northern, but they were out and let me substitute with Cottenelle (Which happens to me my ALL TIME favorite toilet paper!)
I had a $1 off coupon for this making it $5.99

Avatar: $19.99
The deal was if you bought $25 in participating products (which those above were) then you got $15 off of Avatar! In addition to my coupons I also had a $5 off $40 purchase (Which prior to coupons it was above $40)

BREAKDOWN:
Products: $45.64

Minus:
Coupons: - $5.00
Avatar deal: - $15.00
$$$ off Coupon: -$5.00

Subtotal: $20.64
Minus $9.98 in extra care bucks

TOTAL: $10.66 (plus tax)
_______________________________

Transaction #2:

2 Pampers Diapers: $8.49

I had a rain check for these where I got 3 extra care bucks back with each purchase. And there was also a deal this week where you got 1 ecb back.

I had a $3 off CVS coupon and a $2 off manufacture coupon for each making them $3.49 a pack!

2 Oral B Toothbrushes: $2.99
You got 1 ecb back for each toothbrush.

I had a Buy One Get One free coupon and also had a $2 off manufacture coupon and a $1 off target coupon (our CVS takes competitor coupons) - making them both FREE! suh-weet!

BREAKDOWN:
Products: $22.96

Minus:
Coupons:15.99
Money Off coupon: $2 off baby purchase

Subtotal: $4.97
Minus $4.97 in extra care bucks

TOTAL: $0 (plus tax) and left with 9 ECB

______________________________

Transaction #3:

Scott Paper Towels: $4.99

When we get down to 6 rolls that means we are running low in our home. So I was thrilled to see these on sale.
I had a $1 off coupon making it $3.99


BREAKDOWN:
Products: $4.99

Minus:
Coupons: 1.00

Subtotal: $3.99
Minus $3 in extra care bucks

TOTAL: $.99 (plus tax)
_________________________________________

GRAND TOTAL:
Product Values: $109.07 (according to receipt)
Subtotals: $11.65
Tax: $5.54
Total out of pocket: $17.19

And actually I paid that with a gift card so I didn't spend any of our own money!

1 comment:

kathleen said...

Wow! Great Job! I didn't even get to CVS this last week, maybe I need to be scrounging some coupons and running out today before it ends :-)