1.) This is what the boys looked like around this time last year:
2.) I am not sure I even knew it was Mother's day last year. The boys were only 5 weeks and, although I didn't know it at the time, I was in survival mode. Feeding every 3 hours and every 4 hours in the night; Attempting to learn how to breast feed and not going insane doing it; Getting just a few hours of sleep at night; and adjusting to motherhood in general.
3.) We were still not "getting out." So, we didn't go to church last Mothers Day. Because the boys were preemies, we were not going places except for doctor appointments. This time last year they hadn't even made a trip to wal-mart! *gasp!*
I do remember that last year Mike brought both boys into the bedroom with 2 cards (one from Mike, and one from the boys) and some flowers. I remember he was carrying both of them cradled in his arms along with the gifts. At that point the boys only weighed 12 pounds between the two of them! Also, last year, Mother's day fell on their
It was a special day in 2008, being a mother for 5 weeks!
After a year and 5 months of being a mom, it just gets more special. The boys are older and more interactive. They are still too young to
sidenote: when they are older I better get good Mother's day gifts from them - Those boys got breast fed for ONE YEAR AND TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do they know how hard that was!?
ahem. anyhow.
Mike woke me up before he left for church and brought me 3 cards. One from him, one from Michael, and one from Jeremiah. He wrote the ones from the boys differently based on their personalities! It was sweet. His card to me was very special and encouraging. He gave me a book by Beth Moore called, "Further Still." It is a collection of poems and stories that she has written. He is such a gracious husband and is always encouraging me and showing appreciation. He is such a great father and I look forward to doing something special for Fathers Day this year for him. (I have to make up for last year, when I, well - ok, I'll just admit it - I forgot. Yes, I forgot about Fathers Day last year. But I say I had an excuse - or two, three, four, a gagillion things on my mind at the time!!! Still, I know, no excuse - this year will be better!)
I dressed the boys up in their cute little men outfits and off to church we went. The pastor had all the mom's stand up and it was special that I got to stand up! It is still weird to be that I am a mom. And a mom to twins. This still hasn't hit me yet - and they are a year old!
We went to lunch with some friends and then came home and let the boys nap. My mother's day treat was that I got to relax during that nap time. Their afternoon nap on Sundays is challenging to get them to sleep - seems like they are overstimulated from the morning in the nursery, and all the people that hold them and talk to them, that they can't go to sleep. So, Mike stayed up in the living room while I rested on the bed.
Once they got up, they weren't very happy. Sometimes they aren't rested enough and it can take them awhile to wake up and get happy again. I realized that we had not taken any pictures! So, we got the camera and attempted to take a picture of the three of us. As you can see below, it didn't turn out very well.


So, the photoshoot ended without getting a decent shot, and we cuddled until they got out of their "just awake and unhappy for no reason except that we just woke up" mood.
I love being a wife and mother. Love it.
good day.
good day.
2 comments:
Cute:) Gotta love the pics-shows exactly what was going on-not a "perfect" photo shoot-which is totally great to have for in the future to look back on. :) I think I was in survival mode last year for Mother's Day too-even though Josiah was a whopping 3 months old! :) Of course-like you said-I didn't realize it then either, but looking back it's all kind of a fog. :) But-we had a great Mother's Day this year too!
I think that you are the best little Mom that I know...and that goes for Mike being a wonderful Dad. Those 2 little guys just get more precious every day.
Post a Comment