We had an ultrasound on Tuesday to see the growth of the babies and they were able to tell the sex of them as well. We are having two boys and we could not be more excited!!! I have wanted two boys since we found out we were having twins! Boys are so much fun and as long as they are the same gender I can dress them EXACTLY alike! So much fun! Baby A was quite obvious and he was real cooperative. Baby B was a little more difficult because he was right under my belly button and that kept intefering with the ultrasound and the little one would not stay still. He kept turning and moving. Then, his umbilical cord was in the way - but finally she got a shot in between his little legs and saw it! We didn't get as good as long of a shot as Baby A due to his activeness. The funny and adorable thing about Baby B is that his head is resting on my aorta artery and so eveytime my heart pumps his little head bobbed up and down. He finally got tired of his head bobbing and he changed positions - then we would go back to look at him and his head is back on it bobbing again. Our poor child will come out with motion sickness! We go back in two weeks for another ultrasound and I am sure they will be much bigger by then. They are growing like a weed now - just within the past 2 weeks I feel so much bigger. They are both a little over 4 inches long (not counting their legs) and they both weigh exactly a quarter of a pound. I have only gained 2 pounds (after loosing 7) and only 1/2 a pound is the boys!
I will post the ultrasound pictures and the video that we took later. We are in Georgia right now, and I do not have my camera hooked up to download them.
We now get to pick names- how much fun is that! We have several sets of names picked out that we are highly considering and I am sure we will come up with a lot more before these boys are here. But here are our names so far. Feel free to leave a comment on which name you like best - you just can't bash the ones you don't like! :)
1. Jacob Davis and Jadon Dean
2. Coursen Davis and Carson Dean
3. Noah Benjamin and Jonah Nathanial
4. Jeremiah Haddon and Noah Benjamin
Davis is my dad and brothers middle name - after Jefferson Davis who is a distant uncle. And Dean is Mike's dad's middle name (but he goes by Dean). Coursen is my grandparents last name and it holds so much integrity and legacy to it. The other names are just names we like. So, tell us what you think. And if you can think of any other Twin names feel free to let us know!
3 comments:
Okay, this is a tough one! I got Ryan's opinion and he voted for Jeremiah and Noah. Molly, I know that learning to spell their names is a concern for you, so I mentioned that and Ryan beleives that Jeremiah will be okay. I also like Noah and Jeremiah, but Noah and Jonah are a close second. And of course I have to endorse Coursen because it is after a family last name.
I like Coursen and Carson, but they might be a little too similar :-) Family names are great--Coursen sounds like a family legacy, and Carson is a family name for me, which is why they get my vote. Not that our vote counts; your opinion is all that matters!!
Molly, Congratulations!!! This is wonderful. AS far as names, they are all great!
Suzanne Clark
Post a Comment