Saturday, April 12, 2008

More pics from Day 2

The two of them together! Michael on the right, Jeremiah on the Left
*While I was holding the boys like this Jeremiah's oxygen was the best it had been since he was born. They say that when they are held skin to skin with me, it helps "heal" their bodies and with twins they do MUCH better being near their brother! This was the first time they had been near each other since the womb*

Jeremiah

Michael


Their Names on the NICU door


Jeremiah





Daddy and his son Michael


Jeremiah with his frog from Donna (Thanks Donna!)


Michael with his bear from Donna (Thanks Donna!)


Our Family


We are going home today, so I will update later on with the latest on the boys. I will be going up there in a few minutes to try to feed them and spend some time with them before we go home. Please keep praying for them and especially for little Jeremiah to start getting better. They tried to ween him off the oxygen again last night, but were unsuccessful. He is also continuing to have episodes of dropping his heart rate. Michael has had them as well, but Jeremiah's are more frequent. Like I said earlier, they said it is completely normal, but every day that they continue to have them is one extra day they have to stay in the hospital.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray I can make this work this time ! :)
What a blessing to see you all yesterday. God is so good, and we are praying for you all, praying for strength for you and Mike as you go home today and praying for these precious babies!
I will see you all again really soon!
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

So cute!! We are praying for strength for all four of you, each in a different way. Hope you continue to heal and feel better. Get your rest when you can, and don't push yourself too hard. Your boys need a healthy momma to take care of them. Let me know how I can help, and I'll call you later on about dinner. :)

Anonymous said...

Two nights ago my momma stayed up and read your entire blog until 2:00 AM. She ended up crying. Then last night we shared it with my Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw. There were like 7 people around the computer while we looked at these adorable pictures and read your sweet words.

Honestly, I can barely take it only looking at pictures. I want to see those boys in person. Mike says they are cute in pictures but cuter in person. You are glowing Molly.

6 more days until we see our new nephews.

I love you,
Aunt Wissa

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hold those boys! I am so proud of you Molly and I love your blog.

love,
Mrs. Mona

Kristen Gilliland-Griffin said...

Those boys sure are blessed with such great parents!! And I know you are blessed with 2 sweet little boys!! I think they get cuter and cuter with every picture! The one of them together and the sweet story just about made me cry! I hope they get to come home soon... Rachel was 2 months premie and mama had to leave her at the hospital when she went home and she said it was one of the hardest things she ever had to do, but knew that she was getting the care she needed knowing she WOULD be bringing home a baby vs. not was well worth the wait!
We ALL are praying for y'all!
Kristen... and family!