Thursday, April 17, 2008

We're Home! (with Michael)

We came home yesterday with little Michael Dean! Mike and I ran some errands and went out to eat, since those things might not happen as easy from now on, and then we went to the hospital to spend time with Jeremiah and bring home Michael. I was able to breast feed both boys (they did great!) and then we got our little man, Michael dressed and ready to go. After saying a tearful goodbye to Jeremiah we came on home. Of course, Mike drove 10 mph home THE WHOLE TIME!!! He has been such a good baby the whole 15 hours he's been home. He has done a good job staying on his schedule that they put them on in the hospital - he is eating every four hours - once I am solely breastfeeding, they said it should be every three hours. But right now they only want me to breast feed 3 times a day and pump and give the my milk from a bottle with the Simply Thick in it. So after I breastfeed, We offer a bottle with the medicine, and then when I bottle feed, I pump after. The hardest part right now is getting milk to take to Jeremiah, while feeding Michael here.

He went to the doctor this morning and he is doing so well and weighs 4lbs. 15 and a half oz. He also should have 3 or more poopy diapers a day and as of 10 this morning he had 6! So, all systems are go! I will see the doctor every week until their due date and also see the lactation consultant as well. We also met with her this morning and she watched Michael feed and was very impressed with how well he is doing for his age!


My mom and I are about to go see Jeremiah and hopefully they will give us good news on him and we'll see if the plan for his homecoming is tomorrow!

No comments: