Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Eleven: January 11, 2011

It is late - I have barely made this in by today :)

I am up trying to finish my Publix list for tomorrow. I am going to Macon for BSF and I am going to attempt to run by Publix for this weeks deals - we will see how this works out. It could be a very good thing, but if the boys are tired, it may not work so well. We will see!

Today was busy, even though we stayed inside. The boys play room got new carpet this morning :) It had some indoor/outdoor carpet in it and had a funky smell to it. We were afraid it had mold trapped in it - the previous pastor's used that room for plants and all I could think of was all that dirt, water, etc... that was trapped in that carpet - there was a definite odor to it! So I kept that door closed most of the time and just brought the boys toys that they wanted in the living room. They both got sick a few weeks after we moved which made me also think that mold could be in there. The boys are allergic to mold and consistently got sick at the old house when we had mold under the carpet in the bathroom. Once that got pulled up it was like magic - no more sickness.

So anyhow, the carpet men came today and laid new carpet and it smells (and looks) fabulous!!! *it's the simple things*

While they were hear the security man came and put in a security system through the whole house! For those that know me well, know that this is very exciting to me! My poor husband gets up at least 2 times a night because I "heard something." I think he is more relieved that it is in then I am. Hopefully none of it will have to be used, but it is nice to know that it is all in place!

The security men were here ALL day so we just relaxed at the house while the boys called them the "bad men" - Jeremiah asked what they were doing so I replied "They are helping us make sure bad men don't get into our home" (maybe not the best explanation to give them - I regretted it later - seriously), so Jeremiah kept pointing to him and calling him the bad guy. *sigh - my fault*

- A cute side story (for those that have still read this post this far): Whenever I change the boys, and they have a diaper rash, I will sing a song that I sung growing up that goes: "And I know that I can be brave, a heart full of courage is never afraid, and I know that I can be brave, 'cause courage is how brave hearts are made." That song was in a book about Threads the Bear that was afraid of everything! So the boys have learned the song and when I change their diaper they will say "I be Brave!" and then go to sing the song.

Well, poor Michael (and sometimes Jeremiah) HATES to have water poured down his face. Rinsing shampoo off his head is very traumatic to him - which i know it is just when I do it.. he asked to do it himself tonight, so he poured it on his head and it went all in his face, no tears. I then took it and poured it in the back of his head and a little went in his face and it was a meltdown... hmmm... interesting?

anyhow, back to the point: Before I pour water on him I will say "Are you going to be brave" and then sing the song. Normally he answers "yes" but then proceeds to go bizurck. Tonight, however, I simply picked up the cup and he frantically said "I no brave! I no brave!" Bless Him :( I am proud to announce though that he was at least working on it - he tried it himself. (Refer to story in above paragraph)

Here is the picture for the day. No we didn't tell him to do this or teach him to do this (at least I don't think so). He is a mess!

#11: January 11, 2011

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I've seen that look before!

happymomof4 said...

Hey Molly my kiddos do not like to get water in their eyes/ face etc... just like yours it results in meltdowns. Anyhoo we bought a bucket that has a soft edge that you put against their fore head and keeps water out of their face- it is fabulous!!! I have seen them at wal-mart, target, babies r us etc... they usually run around $5-$6. Just a thought:)