Monday, January 24, 2011

Day Twenty-Three: January 23, 2011

I know this is a day (or 8 hours) late, but I just was too tired to try to do it before bed last night. So the pictures were taken yesterday - but the blog is today.

Once again, at church yesterday, the Lord blessed and convicted me through Mike's preaching. I know that I have said this before, but I am so thankful for that man! He is continuing the series on Epeshians - "A Church United."



One thing that he talked about really convicted me - it was on God's Grace. And how His grace is free to us but it cost Him his son and that often we act like it was cheap! That we sin freely and say "Well, God's going to forgive me if I ask" I vividly remember walking in our neighborhood in Hawaii when I was real little and I either was thinking this to myself or talking to my sister, but I remember asking "Why can't we live our life how we want and then just ask God to forgive us?"

Romans 6:1-2: "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live it in any longer?"


It was a convicting thought for me: Do I live my life in a way that I am saying to God "Your grace is cheap!"? I pray that we will be aware of our sin and be quick to repent (turn away - not continue in it) and ask the Lord for forgiveness and not continue in sin with the thought that "well I know He will forgive." He is a gracious God - he lavishes His grace on us - it is free for us, but it cost Him his Son! May we not forget that!

______________

After church the boys had a fun time playing on our air mattress. We set it up when Deanna and Paul stayed with us and the boys LOVE playing on it. I have a super fun video on Mike wrestling with them and the boys playing with their heads under the covers, but youtube tells me it will take 4.5 hours to upload (so they will come, but not sure when) :)



After church last night we went to eat with the Roberts and the Bealls at Pizza Inn. We had fun fellowship while all the kids sat at the next table. The boys love all their kids and Danielle (remember the babysitter from here?) sat next to the boys and helped them out while we were able to eat with the adults :)




Griffen rode with us to Pizza Inn and sat inbetween the boys. They boys just loved that and then when it was time to get back in the car to go home they were very upset that he was no longer in between them.



The picture of the day comes from when the boys were playing on the air mattress in the guest bedroom. Jeremiah sat on a stool and gave such a sweet smile. I love him.

#23: January 23, 2011

1 comment:

Rodney said...

Hi,
Wonderful Blog, very cool I am a children's and youth pastor My wife has been blogging for a while but just started doing little Christian book reviews. She gets nothing for it but is excited about it. she wants her blog to be a testimony for Christ so I was wondering if you could stop by and say hi to her. We are believers who Love God and I am trying to encourage my wife.

http://continuedwonder.blogspot.com/

Thank you for even considering visiting or following her.

Rodney Miller, Annettes husband


PS please don't tell her I asked it would take away from the encouragement